Give us a call: 508-573-7250
Resources for Elders
Elder Community Care (ECC) can help you!
- Sometimes we want to talk to someone about our fears;
- Stress may be preventing us from enjoying things we like to do;
- We may experience grief over the loss of a loved one;
- We may find ourselves over-using alcohol, drugs or medications;
- Caring for a loved one or a spouse is overwhelming; or
- We may experience loneliness and isolation
Elder Community Care can help you with your concerns and worries. ECC's team
is made up of trained social workers and mental health clinicians that work specifically with people over the age of 60.
Call ECC today to discuss the services available to you: 508-573-7250
- According to the National Institutes of Health, of the 35 million Americans
aged 65 years or older, about two million people have depression. Another
five suffer from less severe forms of the illness.
- Clinical depression is different from "the blues" or occasional sadness.
- Depression is a treatable disease with specific symptoms.
For more information: 508-573-7250
Elder Community Care can help you with your concerns and worries
Did you know?
Older smokers are less likely than younger smokers to attempt quitting, but they are more likely to be successful in the attempts that they do make to quit.
From: Cigarette smoking among the elderly: disease consequences and the benefits of cessation.
Burns DM. Am J Health Promot. 2000 Jul-Aug;14(6):357-61, University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine 92108, USA.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Call Cindy Getchell, MA at BayPath